Website Mid-West Family - South Bend
We’re Mid‐West Family of South Bend, the dominant local content producer serving Northwest Indiana and Southwest Michigan and the media home for Notre Dame Football, Basketball, and Hockey. We are currently in search of a Director of Business Development.
As the Director of Business Development, you will earn a salary, percentage of revenue, and multi‐level bonus structure. We provide benefits, 401k, and based on the performance, the opportunity to become a shareholder in the company. That is where Mid‐West Family is unique; we are privately owned by the people who work for the company or those who are retired from the company. We are focused on giving those that succeed more opportunities to grow as well; just ask our employee shareholders that have been with us for 10, 20, 40, and even 45+ years!
This individual should have a hunger for success, be innovative, growth‐minded, nimble, inspirational, mission‐driven, collaborative, transparent, fun, and tech‐savvy. This person must have high standards dedicated to growing themselves, their team, and the business community by maximizing our seven product lines. They will use their financial and business acumen to deliver against business objectives for volume and revenue growth while using strong performance metrics. We want to empower you to leverage our powerful and successful brands, and influencers, to drive measurable marketing results and thus revenue generation. Our brands can be found through local radio, streaming, events, interactive websites and apps, and digital services such as targeted display, geo‐fencing, and OTT/streaming video.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the Business Development Team to reach maximum effort through training, coaching, mentoring, tracking, and recruiting. You will directly supervise the staff, holding them accountable for their performance, including behaviors, so we are positioned to achieve revenue generation goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Impeccable time management skills.
- Embrace change, especially change activated by new technology.
- Understand modern platforms such as social media, apps, and websites alongside traditional media.
- Voracious reader.
- Strong drive for success by the team.
- High ability to work under pressure, stoically if possible.
- Competitive mindset that shows constant desire to grow, improve and never stop trying.
- Stellar interpersonal skills (in person, on the phone, and online via email and social platforms).
- Someone with the ability to build relationships and inspire individuals.
- Understand how to lead and manage people uniquely yet fairly to achieve maximum effort.
- Elite recruitment skills: prospecting potential candidates, interviews, reference checks, making offers, and hiring.
- Attends select client meetings with Account Managers and conducts effective after‐call coaching sessions.
- Conducts effective one‐with‐one meetings with Account Managers weekly. Summarizes discussion and completes a one with‐one recap, and assists Account Managers on specific projects as needed.
- Collaborates with other managers in planning and conducting weekly meetings and training for the department staff.
- Helps oversee all political advertising. Studies and understands political guidelines.
- Manages a selected list of local/regional, trade, and co‐promotional clients.
- Facilitates other ways to help the team achieve greater efficiency.
- Meets or exceeds National and local/regional revenue budgets.
- High desire to use research and data to set standards and objectives for the team.
- And other duties as assigned.
Supervises Account Managers and works in partnership with other managers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
College preferred but not required. Marketing and advertising sales experience and 5 years of management experience required.
First you must be able to own the room. Ability to communicate precisely and effectively. Ability to effectively present information in
one‐on‐one, small and large group situations to Account Managers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to
construct and write proposals, letters and other documents using correct grammar, punctuation and layout.
Basic math skills are required. Also, ability to use and understand ratings, rates and all related information preferred. Ability to
understand simple to moderate spreadsheets. Ability to construct and understand Account Manager budgets and overall budgets.
Other Skills & Abilities:
Basic knowledge of computers. Ability to work with a wide range of personalities within the team and other MWF teams. Ability to
successfully attend to numerous activities, projects and people simultaneously. Be available for occasional overnight travel for company functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A valid driver’s license is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, and drive a vehicle.
The noise level in this work environment is low to moderate.
Base salary, percentage of overall revenue, as well as multi‐level bonuses for reaching specific goals. Earnings range from $80,000‐
$100,000+ per year. This is a big small market operation. Cost of living is to your advantage. We are consistent and stable.
If you are interested in joining our Mid‐West Family, check out our family of brands and our people at midwestfamilysouthbend.com,
and send your resume to General Manager Bill Gamble at email@example.com. Mid‐West Family (WSJM Inc.) is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org